Immune Boost Soda or Juice
If you're craving something fizzy (or something to make your insides burn.. is that just me?) This is a drink you can feel good about drinking and keep yourself healthy at the same time!
I’ll let you in on a weird little secret of mine.. I love apple cider vinegar, more specifically, I love the burn as it goes down my throat and into my stomach. I used to love that same sensation from tequila, but my older and more mature self (that has been pregnant or breastfeeding since 2013) now takes ACV shots followed by lemon, instead of lime. I’m a real rebel, guys.
I eventually realized that not many people agree with me and my love for ACV. My niece stayed with me recently and was fighting a cold, so I made her (yes forced her) to drink my ACV concoction multiple times a day, while I voluntarily and happily drank it along with her.
With the weather slightly changing—its still Florida, y’all—I started making big batches of what I would normally drink hot in a single serving, and keeping it in the fridge so it is easily accessible every day. I love it, my kids love it, and Stefen likes it. I’ve modified this recipe multiple times and this is my favorite. If you’re interested in any modifications shoot me a message.
- A Few tips:
- *Local raw honey is best as it helps build immunity from seasonal allergies in your area.
- *Fresh lemon juice would also be best. But just being real here, I don’t have the time to juice all those lemons with as fast as we go through this stuff.
- I make popsicles with this recipe mixed with elderberry syrup and my kids love those as well.
- I drink this while pregnant when I start to feel a cold coming on and it kicks it every time. It’s really the only thing I’ll take while pregnant because I have a hard time keeping track what’s safe and not so I just end up doing nothing. With that said, always check with your midwife or doctor, as I am not one.
- 1 Cup local raw honey*
- 1 Cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Cup lemon juice*
- 1 Tbsp Ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 8 Cups filtered drinking water
- Seltzer water
- Mix honey and spices together.
- Add enough warm water to melt honey.
- Add ACV and lemon juice.
- Fill with remaining 8 cups of water.
- When ready to drink, mix 1 part (about 4 oz.) Juice) with 1 part seltzer or water. Or drink it straight if you’re craaazy.
- Store in fridge.