So sometimes I like to make desserts way smaller or bigger than their original size. It just makes me happy. I stand back and stare at my creation and smile. I recently thought it would be fun to make giant homemade Nutty Bars. A lot of the men in my family like Nutty Bars so I knew this would make them happy.
I searched for a recipe and found a yummy one that is pretty easy to make. “Really besides the chocolate it is pretty healthy”, that’s what I told my husband to make him feel better about the giant 2 pack I sent him to work with. Which he ended up sharing with his coworkers anyways. He’s a nice guy like that.
As I was making them for a second time I decided to change the recipe just slightly to make this a little more guilt free. Or at least make myself feel better for giving one to my toddler for an afternoon snack today.
Homemade Nutty Bars Ingredients:
- 1 box of Wasa crisp n’ light crackers (you will need 4 crackers for each bar)
- 1 jar Peanut butter
- 1 lb. Dark Chocolate, for coating
- Chia seeds
*Measurements listed are not exact because it is really up to how many you want to make. If you want to make only one (why would you do that??) then you would need about about 4 crackers + 1 TBSP peanut butter + 1/4 C chocolate + 1 TSP chia seeds*
You will also need:
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- Shallow dish for melted chocolate
- Spoon a thin layer of peanut butter on cracker and sprinkle with chia seeds. Repeat 3 times stacking each cracker on top of the other.
- Top with plain cracker so there is a total of 4 crackers.
- Dip in chocolate.
- Run a fork back and forth and from corner to corner to give it the nutty bar look (optional)
- Place in fridge for a few minutes or if you have the patience let it sit on the counter until the chocolate is set.
- EAT them ALL. And don’t feel guilty.